Friday, March 30, 2018

Scam notice of debt.

A person just asked me to check on this letter that they just received. Obviously something just didn't add up for a couple of reasons. The letter is after so called medical services rendered. There is no mention of what services and where. Second, I know for a fact that this person has not been hospitalized for anything. Third I looked up the company on the top of the page. There is a company with that name, but none of those phone numbers on the letter match any phone number on their website for that company. I decided to call the local office of that company in our state which apparently is also different from where this company is located. They are in Texas which just reminded me of a story I read a while back about some company from Texas suing tech companies about software licensing I think when they were not. Needless to say, this thing just doesn't add up for other reason because the city already has everyone's information and they would contact you directly and not through something like this. The PO boxes are also not in any of their contact pages. In any case I'm posting the letter which comes in two languages so I guess it depends on what you speak. I have taken off the information of that person but I wanted to show you what this looks like. I want people to be aware of these things. I'll also post some other links to pages talking about this particular letter and company. Now I don't know the actual company but I know for a fact that there is something very fishy about this letter. This has also been going on for sometime. I know that there are legitimate collection agencies, but when they are throwing things out like this to see who bites, that's when I have a problem. Because they don't have their facts correct. Not to mention this is for over fifteen hundred dollars. I won't say exactly how much but just to give you an idea. So it's not a few dollars either.

The only other example I can think of is this. We used to get random bills at one company for things I knew that I had not purchased. The good thing was that the accounting personnel would always ask me about anything that they were not sure of. The company was small enough that I only used maybe two or three vendors so we knew what we actually bought for my department. I just told them not to pay any those bills because I knew they were not from any actual purchases. Of course accounting also knows who is buying what and from where. Nothing ever happened because whoever the scammer was would not be stupid enough to come and claim a fake bill. If they did, the police wasn't too far.

In short, anyone can find your information nowadays. Make sure to verify things before even calling any number on anything you get. Specially if you know something just doesn't add up.

Here are a couple of links I have found regarding this type of letter.
http://money.cnn.com/interactive/pf/debt-collector/threatening-letters/index.html

https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/linebarger-goggan-blar-sampson-san-antonio-texas-c71491.html

Finally here is the actual company website.
http://www.lgbs.com/contact-us/





No comments: