Sunday, September 17, 2017

This is what can happen when your identity is stolen. Lets hope these companies will stop using social security numbers for everything.

Let's also keep in mind that too much security can also be a bad thing, to a point in some instances. A perfect example is I had to return an item to Costco. I used my dad's Costco card to make the purchase with my own credit card back then. The girl at the counter told me she couldn't process that because my dad, the card holder had to be there. So now I had to go back home, ask him to go with me, drive around the parking lot looking for a parking spot for the second time, then I had to make a line again and wait for my turn. Well now you can see how this would upset any law abiding citizen. I had the original receipt that she could have just looked at. I cancelled my Costco card a few years ago and I'm fine without one.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-13/my-three-years-in-identity-theft-hell

No comments: