June 16, 2016
I was starting to get some clogs and it seems that the cause is due to the filament and maybe a bit of clogging. I think I got a batch that's just not so great. Either way I thought I take this apart again as someone had suggested on the forum for the cb after I finished my last print just to make sure things were really clear inside.
I'm now using these longer tips and last time I tried cleaning with acetone, that just took a long time and a lot of work and then I still had filament that needed to be dug out. This time I decided to try something a bit different. I noticed the tips had a bit of metal particles inside when they were new, so after taking it apart I decided to use a small drill bit, under 2 mm to just clean the inside of it. I had to use the drill on the slowest setting which is for screws and this seems to have worked out great. I figured if there were any internal burrs and filament this should clean things up nicely. It sure did.
This will not only save you time, but keep you from smelling all that acetone too. And you will be up and running in just a moment or as long as it takes you to clean them and install everything back, assuming nothing else happens while doing that.This should also work for cleaning the shorter stem type too.