Sunday, January 31, 2016

Taking screenshots of your screen or windows without other programs.

January 31, 2016

I have slowly been trying out more and more of the windows 10 features. Today I wanted to see if there was an easier way to take screenshots without installing any additional programs. The good news is that there still is a way, you just have to remember the shortcut keys. If you use this feature a lot it should be easy to remember since it's usually the same two keys. I've been using screenhunter which works well, but I always had to turn the program on before actually using it. So this is nice to have without any extra program. Just like making a pdf without any other programs except your already installed printer drivers. In any case I found this link that shows you step by step. So all the credit goes to them for posting this up. There are other programs you can also use as well if you really want a bit more control, but this should work for most basic screenshots which is what I do anyway. In short windows 10 does have a few more things you can do without adding any more programs which is nice. One more thing, don't forget to pin the snipping tool to the task bar and you should be all set! This way you don't have to keep searching for it, so it basically works just like my old program. Just make sure you rename the file when you save it or you will be over writing the old one as I just found out with my test. Now I just have then all going to the pictures screenshot folder where I can keep them organized instead of the desktop.

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/capture-screenshots-windows-10

No comments: