Saturday, April 7, 2018

Flip phones! No they're not dead.

One type of phone that I miss a lot are flip phones, yeah those simple, small but clear and loud phones that we used to have. A couple of days ago a city worker or who I'll just call him that was working here and he was using a flip phone on speaker that was very loud and clear. I of course had to ask him about it. I found out it was made by Kyocera. Today I went and looked at their page and sure enough, they make these phones. I just like the simplicity and usability of these type of phones. I know of a lot of older people that would rather have these than any android smartphone. For a good reason, they are more confusing to them and many of them just don't use any of those other features. They just want something to make calls and not have to worry about all those updates and random ads. Not to mention freezes due to updates and just a number of random things that can happen with smartphones. In short, here's the page where you can find some of these. My current smart phone is hard to see outside and even at max volume I can't hear much unless it's next to my ear when there is some noise in the surroundings. In any case, these new phones seem to have updated software too. I just need to find if they have anything that's not locked in to any provider.
Did I forget to mention that they work globally too!

http://www.kyoceramobile.com/phones/



No comments: