Friday, March 2, 2018

Introductory programming classes.

I thought this was an interesting article. The only programming class I took when I was at the university was a C++ course. I can say that I have to agree with the writer here. That class was like putting a non Chinese speaking person in a Chinese class. I'm using this as an example of course, but if you have never done anything with any sort of programming, this is what you end up with. It was an interesting class, but I barely made it through. This is definitely a class you don't want to start with as a beginner. This is how I found out programing just wasn't for me.  I guess the point with anything is that you have to find a way to start an introducing any subject in a way that's a little less confusing and intimidating and work from there. I think programming is one of those things, you either like it or you don't. And if you're not careful you can really turn people off from any subject no matter how good you are. I always thought about making video games, I used to like them a lot growing up, but then all the programming languages just didn't make sense to me back then which was a lot different than today. I got better at other things though. I even learned HTML. But even now, there are faster and easier ways to make pages without all the nitty gritty of me having to code each page.
http://dailybruin.com/2018/02/28/mariah-furtek-ucla-introductory-programming-classes-should-focus-more-on-python-not-c/

No comments: