Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Don't defrag your ssd. Microsoft will turn this back on again when they update your system.

I just started having a problem saving a document in LibreOffice. It's just kicking off some errors that it can't save the document. I thought I check the ssd since there were some Microsoft updates lately. Low and behold my settings have changed back to on. The manufacturer of my ssd recommends disabling defragmenting the drive. I have now changed this back to off and I may have to re-install the program again to fix that. Check your ssd drive manufacturer to see what they recommend since all of them are different. If they keep changing everything back on systems, this will be a nightmare to say the least if you have many computers with ssd's after every major update.


No comments: