Sunday, July 10, 2016

Android phone having battery discharging

It looks like my android phone has been having some issues. I had to reset the phone due to some odd things happening on it without me doing anything to it. So after the resetting I noticed that android starts updating itself which is odd since I normally do that if I want to. So I installed my two or three apps since I no longer even like to do that any more. You just don't know what apps do and most of them like to take over the phone or prevent it from sleeping. Which is why I started uninstalling all the apps and updates one by one. So my battery was about to die this morning, again. I know the battery is fine, but still can't tell which update or program is causing it so they are all going. Then again there's been some malware going around even though I try not to install anything anymore. It's a shame that these things just want to take over. BUT, there is a way to really take care of this if you really, really want to.

The first thing is not to add an account, which of course won't allow you to download anything. However, I'm starting to go back to that point as a backup. Now the problem with that is that your phone list is on an account if you use gmail for example. So you could download your phone list or any list and make a pdf and any document for example that you can look at in your phone. This would require an app download to read it though. But after installing just what you need you can always just remove the account which is probably the better alternative. The problem with this is if you update or add a number, you can't synch with your account until you add the account again. The other alternative would be a phone app that holds the numbers totally separate from any account that needs to be synchronized anywhere until you decide to do it, say your computer only in this case.

Although not the best way to go around it, I think this is the better way to keep all of these things from really screwing things up like draining the battery in my case. Today, everything wants to be connected, but the truth is, you don't really know what program is doing what. So you really have to be careful. I'm just annoyed that I can't use the phone because the battery is almost dead every time I look at it in the morning even though I charged it the night before. This is what I always did and since it was off, it would still be at 90 something percent charged still. Imagine if someone got all your information, then you wouldn't be annoyed, but really mad, among other things. So the quest to find the balance between using these smart phones and just not using them continues. And yes I know many use their phones for everything, but I really wouldn't recommend that for the many obvious reasons too. I don't really use my phone much, so completely ditching the phone has be something I have been contemplating. Many people can't do that, but I have no problem doing that since I hardly talk to anyone on the phone myself. But it does come in handy for emergency like if you get stuck somewhere, but a simple phone would probably work just as well. But syncing your phone list is much faster than trying to key in a list of name and numbers. Obviously for businesses this wouldn't work unless you want to spend all your days doing this.

No comments: