Monday, March 21, 2016

Power window stopped working on my car.

March 21, 2016

The power window just stopped working on the driver side door of my car. You know how annoying that can be. Well I took the door apart today and found my problem. My brushes were a bit out of whack. I got those pushed in and now it's working again. I had to do the same thing on the other side when I first installed the kit. It just wasn't working. I would use another motor but since this is from an aftermarket kit I bought when I was back in high school and finally used it 20 plus years later, this is what I need to do. Most new kits seem so cheap and I keep reading how they barely get the windows up and down. this set came with nice motors, but they made the brushes a bit small. The good thing is that motor brushes can be found for almost anything on ebay, so if I ever need those I can always get new ones. I just wished I had look there before I took it apart so I could have measured it and got them now so I don't have to wait if I need them. Either way, it is what it is. It works again and that's all that matters.


No comments: